Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Quick wrap

Greetings from Athens. Stinking hot, bitching tired, dying for food and sleep. Arrived here at 02:00am this morning, and then spent the day on site with a Customer, during the evaluation phase of a big deal. Luckily I had some strong coffee. :)

So, here's a little wrap of the last week or so:

  • Mum came to town, and went again, to the south of France (watch out for head-butters...)
  • Did a bit of touring with Mum, and saw some cool little towns that we wouldn't have seen by ourselves, z.B. Marburg. Will post some pics, unless B has done so already.
  • Tour de France is on again, and this time I am actually seeing less of it that when I was in Australia. The coverage is live every day, but I kinda have to work, so I miss it all. Kinda miss Phil's commentary too.
  • Jan Ullrich is out of the tour, as most probably know, but on his website he is still proclaiming his innocence (in German, of course). Read it here.
  • World Cup is over. I was truly shattered when Italy knocked Germany out of the final, but it was great to see the Germans rally behind their team, and support them and celebrate with them after their win in the 3rd/4th game, just like they had won.
  • Not happy that the Italians won, simply because they beat Australia and Germany.


Ok, that's enough, as I wanna fall asleep while typing this.

Tschüß,
'Brush

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Been checking you every day DYING to hear mum's visit has gone.
She was SO excited and nervous about the trip and I am hoping she has settled well.
Keep me up to speed.

Pat said...

Those damn Italians, eh!

Your weather charicature has a smiley face T-shirt! Sweet.

Anonymous said...

I would have been cautious entering the showers after the game if I were part of the German team losing to Italy.


Oh, and I can't remember the password I set for my 'blogger' account :(