Tuesday, October 03, 2006

We got wheels!

On Saturday Bel and I caught the train into Frankfurt and went shopping for Inline Skates. Thought that they may inspire us to get out on the weekends, do a bit of exercise, and have a bit of fun at the same time.

So, apart from getting bugger all help in the store, we finally got ourselves kitted out, with everything at about 40%-50% discount, due to the fact that winter is rapidly approaching.

Sunday we headed out with the plan to head to Bad Homburg on our skates, but gave up on that pretty quickly when we realised that we suck, and that we need practise. So, instead, we headed into some corn-fields, that have paved paths through them, and gave it a bit of a go. The practise wasn't very long, as it started to rain, but we were getting the general hang of it by the end...

Now, if only winter would hold off for a few more weeks, and if the sun would shine instead of it pissing down rain, we could have a bit of fun.



Tschüß,
'Brush

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excercise is for dorks.

Oh did I tell you I rejoined the gym tp get my bum back up to where it is supposed to be before summer?

Anonymous said...

Hope that you got those wrist protection thingies!!

Anonymous said...

Aparently exercise is for Dorks and people whose Arses are migrating :-)

We definatly got the wrist gard things and the elbow and knee pads. Brett is breakable - I try to keep him in one peice...

I have tested mine out already - they are now scratched to prove it - at which point though I din't have elbow gards, but now realise I need as my elbow was sore afterwards...

Bel

'Brush and Bel said...

"When I was at school, the kids used to call me Mr. Glass."

Quote probably isn't quite right - and I am sure that Josh will pick me up for it - but does anyone know what movie it comes from?

GKT said...

It's from Unbreakable, and Samuel L says:

Now that we know who you are... I know who I am - I'm not a mistake! It all makes sense, in the comics you know who the arch villain is going to be? He's the exact opposite of the hero! And most time's they're friends like you, and me. I should've known way back when you know why David? Because of the kids! They called me Mr. Glass.

courtesy imdb.com :-)

It's been ages since I rollerbladed... enjoy!

gkt