Wednesday, April 11, 2007

The head of the brush flies through the air...

After shopping in the outlet malls in Bremen over Easter we had to pull in and fill the car up for the trip back to Westerstede (a friend's family has a farm there). While the car was filling up, B decided to fill up that thing where the water goes to wash the windscreen, and I decided to clean the corpses of the dead bugs off the windscreen (spring has it's downsides...).

As I have always done, I grab that squeegy/brush thing and wash the windscreen, and then start to squeegy the water off. Drag...flick the water behind me...drag...flick the water behind me. This process was repeated a number of times with a good success ratio. Then after one flick I bring the squeegy thing forward to have another go at the windscreen...and the head of the squeegy thing comes flying off...soars over the bonnet of our car...buzzes the tower of B's head...keeps flying...and thuds into the side of another car that was there filling up. Apparently the look on my face as this happened was priceless...or so the passengers in the back seat of our car told me. Especially the look on my face as I was standing there looking at what used to be a squeegy, but now was nothing more than a wet stick.

Luckily there was nobody in the other car at the time, and the owner was also nowhere to be found. Luckily there wasn't any damage done to the other car either...

Has this ever happened to anyone else?

Tschüß,
'Brush

2 comments:

Matt said...

I haven't seen that happen (pisser BTW!) but I've got another squeegee story that happened to Jason Roberts.

He was squeegeeing (the spell checker actually recognizes that word!) his car window when the head fell off mid-stroke. Instead of wiping away the water he dragged the headless squeegee across his window leaving a big scratch in his windscreen.

The thought of Jase shaking from rage always fills me with joy. ;)

I wouldn't have liked to have been in the attendants shoes though...

'Brush and Bel said...

I had a similar thing happen one time too, where the sponge of the sqeegy had pulled back a little from the metal holder. While rubbing away, the metal then came into contact with my paintwork on the bonnet...nasty scratch resulted.