Friday, May 11, 2007

Gruß aus Kanada, eh?

Greetings from Canada, eh?

Currently writing this blog from the 19th floor apartment of J-Man and Evelyn in downtown Vancouver, after getting back from walking completely around Stanley Park. Gotta say that the views from here suck. I mean - who needs to be able to see the ocean, snow capped mountains, and Stanley Park from their apartment...it's just too much. :P

Flights on the way over were not too bad. A little long, but not too bad. The first leg was 8hrs from Frankfurt to Montreal, and I managed to get myself an exit row seat with nobody beside me - SCORE! Downside to this seat (and this aeroplane) is that they don't have individual entertainment system screens, but just that big one in the middle. From my seat it was a tight angle to see the screen, so I got a bit of a sore neck. Oh well.

Flight from Montreal to Vancouver was better, as each seat had it's own personal entertainment system. The system was touch-screen operated too, which was sweet. I managed to check out 2 films on this flight, one of which was good, and the other was Hollywood trash. The good film was "The Painted Veil" with Edward Norton, and I would recommend checking it out.

Bad part about this flight was that they don't give you food on the internal flights with Air Canada. This isn't the end of the world, as you can buy food on the flight...if you have Canadian Dollars...which I didn't. :( 5.5hr flight with no food was a troubling prospect...
When the hostess came around offering food I asked her if they took credit card, or something other than CAD, but the only other alternative was USD, which I also didn't have. Luckily the Air Canada airline hostesses, although old, are quite nice and one of them offered to change my Euros for CAD so I could buy some food. The other bonus was that I already knew the exchange rate off the top of my head due to wanting to order my GPS thing from Canada, so we made our deal, I got my food, and everyone was happy.

Anyway, that's enough from me for now. Stay tuned to more later.

Tschüß,
'Brush

1 comment:

Matt said...

Give J-Man and Ev a big kiss for me. :)







[Hehe, Brush is going to kiss J-Man!]