Saturday, September 29, 2007

What the hell are you doing here?

Right, so this week goes down in history as my "What the hell are you doing here?" week.

On Tuesday I had to drive to Düsseldorf to help a Customer with a problem they were having. I arrived at the site and fixed the problem within 1hr, but had to wait for some software licenses so that I could install them for the guy. While waiting we decided to get a coffee, but there was none on the floor we were on, so we went down to the foyer. While sitting there chatting to the Customer, my phone rang - it was my Sales Guy checking if the licenses had arrived or not. While talking to him I noticed a familiar looking person walking by and I yelled out to him. Turned out that it was one of the guys who used to work for my company in Australia, who is now working for this Customer in Düsseldorf.

Then I got up this morning and went in to Frankfurt to watch the AFL Grand Final (GO CATS!). I arrived early and got a table and ordered something to drink. After a while more people started turning up, and at one point I noticed a familiar looking face in the crowd. I thought to myself "nah, it can't be", so I didn't think much more about it for a few mins. During the first quarter I kept looking over at this guy thinking "it could be...". When I went to get some breakfast at the buffet, this guy saw me and was like "What the hell are you doing here?!?!". Turns out it was a guy that I went to uni with and did a few projects with...and it was who I thought it was. This guy's wife was also one of my managers at my Company in the past. They had moved to Germany a few years ago and are now living and working in Stuttgart. Not only that, but this guy works for a company that used the same relocation company as mine did when we moved to Germany. He and his wife actually had the same relocation agent at the company and B and I did...

Small world, huh? Any other of you guys hiding over here without telling me about it?

Tschüß,
'Brushy

3 comments:

Greg said...

Would their initials happen to have been DdS and KG?

You coulda use first names ya know!

Unknown said...

Yeah, I'm sitting behind you!

'Brush and Bel said...

Yeah, I could'a, but that would have taken all the fun out of it.