Monday, November 19, 2007

ITD?

One of my friends reliably informed me that today was International Toilet Day. Toilet humour it one of my favourite topics, so I thought I would copy my response that I send them and paste it here on my blog for you to enjoy.

"International Toilet Day" huh? Well if that ain't enough to give you the shits! :)

But on my favourite topic - I saw a report on TV the other day that was saying that Germans are predominantly folders, whereas Americans are predominantly scrunchers. Because of this, the Germans find the American thin and baking-paper like toilet paper too easy to break through (if you get my drift...), whereas the Americans find that the German multi-layer softer paper isn't rigid enough for the folds to be able to grab anything...

God, I nearly spewed writing that...sorry. :)

PS: Folders are people who fold the paper into many layers, and then use sheer finger pressure to remove the .... Scrunchers scrunch the paper into a ball, using the edges and the folds to, I guess, kinda scrape it off.

Keep all that in mind next time you eat a Picnic bar... :)

PPS: I just chuckled when I had to click "Log out" to log off another website. :)

PPPS:


Tschüß,
'Brushy

5 comments:

Matt said...

Folders: Intelligent, rational human beings improving society daily simply with the addition of their presence.

Scrunchers: Weird, misunderstood folks who don't mind playing in the mud, are typically vegans and have a penchant for alternative medicine. Not-so-distant relatives of the Carny people.

;)

All's I'm trying to say is that scrunching just seems odd. :D

Anonymous said...

and that vegans are too apparently

don't forgot one half of the brushandbel is a vegetarian - not disciplined enough to be vegan, but in awe of those who are :)

hi from an internet cafe in rural Philipinnes - a country that I imagine has no term for vegan, vegetarian is already beyond comprehension

after reading too much about the finshing indistry's damage of marine environment and watching happy feet i decided i nolonger eat fish - except here where it is inconceivable not to have soemthing meatish in their cooking (plus which they have no protein substitutes so i need something)

B

'Brush and Bel said...

Heheheh...playing in the mud...arse mud... :)

Greg said...

who would have thunk that Germans would tend to be neat, precise, control-freaks and Americans tend to be chaotic, 'if-it-works' types,...

Thats blown all my stereotypes out the water

Bec and John said...

I would like to see some stats relating intelligence (as well as we can measure it with IQ tests etc) with the fold/scrunch approach. I think there will be a major correlation.

I completely agree with Matty on this one, scrunchers are weird, backwards folk that evolution will surely pick off as time goes by.

I didn't even know there was such a technique until an ad on Aussie TV which showed a stereotypical "folder", (neat, precise) growing up in a house full of scrunchers (rough, uneducated yobs).