Sunday, June 10, 2007

"To all the girls I've loved before, who travelled in and out this door..."

Don't know why that song popped into my head right now, but it inspired me to think about something...

When I left Australia, some friends at work gave me a photo of my friends at my company that Trentini put together from a bunch of other photos that he got his dirty little hands on. As I walked in the door the other day, I saw this photo, and among all the sentimental feelings that one gets when one sees such a photo, I realised how many of the people in the photo don't work with me anymore.

So, here's the Honour Roll (nicknames used where possible to protect the innocent):
Lamb
GkT
Muz
Tackle
SimonR
Trentini
Big Sal
Koster
The Tweenies (expected as they were only students)
Rivet
Chisel
Dimpet
Sashi
JimD
Trowel

The ones that remain:
Wilson
Toshal
Jigs
Screwsy
J-Man
Whitty
Sprocket
Hammer
Mashy
Ando

So, to those who died in action - hope things are going well for you on the other side, and that we still keep in touch with each other every now and then.

To those who survived, and have the scars to prove it...DON'T LEAVE ME!

Tschüß,
'Brush

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You'd have to admit that the best peeps are still around though... right?!

:(

At least you're outside, I'm still locked in, on-site.

Matt said...

Damn you - that song has been stuck in my head all frickin' day!

And I'm glad that the photo is still triggering memories.

"Memories, light the corners of my mind..."

(Just hoping to get some revenge...) ;)

Anonymous said...

We miss you too 'Brush!! But, life outside ain't that bad ....

Bec and John said...

Love you man! <sob>

GKT said...

Life is good Brush... but there are lots of fond memories. Hey now you have to post that photo!!!