Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Es gibt immer Nach- und Vor- teile...

So, the good news is that we have found a new apartment in Friedrichsdorf, and we should be moving in there at the beginning of August. It means that instead of a 1.5hr train ride each-way for Belinda, there will now only be a 5min walk each-way to work. It is also closer to my work, so I will pay a lot less tax on the company car. We will also have a place to store things like bikes, so we can do some riding in the Taunus region, which is really nice for that kinda stuff.

The bad side of things is that we are leaving the apartment that we currently have, with the landlords who are sooooo nice to us. The lady here bakes us cakes, and really looks after us a hell of a lot. And, as Bel found out today, she thinks of us like a son and daughter, and cried a lot when Bel went down to tell her that we had decided to move.
Fortunately, and unfortunately, she already knew, because our relocation service had called her son to let them know, and he had in turn let her know. I wish we could have told them first in person, but at the same time I am glad that we didn't have to, because I reckon that I would have sooked too. Luckily for me, I was driving back from Essen at the time, and then I snuck in really quietly to avoid meeting them on the stairs...is that wrong?

There are always pros and cons...

Tschüß,
'Brush.

No comments: