Friday, June 23, 2006

WIR GEHEN WEITER!!!

Belinda was off on a work trip, so I drove in to Frankfurt to watch the game last night in an Aussie pub. The place was absolutely packed with Aussies, Germans supporting Australia, Yanks supporting Australia, Hollanders supporting Australia, and one poor chick in a Croatian top.

The pub was a sea of green and gold, and rang with chants of "AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE! OY! OY! OY!" (which I lead...and subsequently lost my voice), singing of Waltzing Matilda, Keh Sahn, and a bunch of other Aussie tracks, and my new favorite "Who let's the Roos out? GUUS! GUUS! GUU-GUUS-GUUS!"

Now, I ain't no big soccer fan, but I didn't think I was going to be able to bear it, watching the first and the second croat goals slam and then trickle home. And then the pressure was even worse when we equalised with 10min to go. I thought I was going to die.

Anyway, mad probs to the Socceroos! Viel Glück! Viel Erfolg! Ich drücke euch ganz ganz die Daumen! :)

Tschüß,
'Brush

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YOU WENT TO A PUB?????

The world has gone mad. Next you'll be telling me you had a beer...