Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Ohne Navi ist alles doof!

Or how not having a Navi meant we got to see a lot of Vienna. :)

So, as a follow on to Big Bird (see below), a few fun episodes from this trip.

  1. Flight from Vienna back to Frankfurt - the guy sitting next to me is reading Playboy, and not seeming to care about it at all. And I mean, he was actually reading it, not "reading" it.

  2. Flight from Frankfurt to Berlin - when going to throw my bags in the overhead locker, I noticed that there were already some magazines etc up there, so I put my bags in another locker. Upon closer inspection, I did notice however that the magazines were copies of Playboy (about 10 of them...and I was the first on the plane, so they must belong to the airline). More disturbing is that they were in the last overhead locker before the toilets...and the other things in the locker were spare toilet paper and tissues. No hand lotion though...(I checked...after taking a copy of Playboy...NOT!...I checked before...:P)

  3. Vienna when picking up the rental car - "Tie Guy" and I follow the signs to the rental lot, but this turns out to be rental return and not pickup. Back to the arrivals hall and to the desk. Got out car? Yep, no probs so far. Does it have navigation like we ordered? No. Any portable systems? No, but we can give you a map. Upgrade? Yes, we can give you a Cabriolet. Turns out the cabriolet was a Chrysler something, which was like a pregnant whale with a toupet(?), which is useless when it is snowing... Anyway, suffice to say that Vienna is a very pretty city, and we got to see A LOT of it on the way to the hotel...

  4. Hotel to Customer, and First Customer to Second Customer - story not much different to on the way to the Hotel, but Vienna really is a nice city. Would be a lot better if the shit map from the rental place had the one way streets marked, and the street signs were where you could see them, instead of stuck to the side of a building, around the corner somewhere.


Anyway, that's enough for now.

Tschüß,
'Brush

No comments: