Saturday, August 18, 2007

And then there was the return flight

So, the return flight wasn't much less eventful than the one to Stockholm. This time I got a guy who didn't speak any English, and was with 4 other guys who were then flying to Sao Paulo (saw it on his next boarding card). My neighbour actually turned up and boarded on time, but the 3 others must have just snuck in before the doors were closed, and with 3 or 4 pieces of hand luggage each...which they then proceeded to try and stow when there was no stow room left. Eventually the stewardess had to take some of the bags and stow them somewhere in the crew section, as it is kinda dangerous to take off with bags under your seat, under your feat, and in your lap.

So, after take off, the guy next to me (sitting on the window - I was on the aisle, and there was nobody between us) signals to one of his mates that he should come over and sit between us. I wasn't too keen about this, so I huffed and puffed a little, and made a great show of getting up to let the guy in. My show seemed to work, as he started to enter the seat, and then decided not to, and headed back to his other seat - win for Brushy! :)

At some point towards the end of the flight, the 3 others get some form of telegram from the Stewardess. I wondered what this was about, but then didn't think anything of it for a while...

So, now we are finally approaching the landing in Frankfurt. Then, just before landing, we give full power and climb back up sharply to cruising altitude (this is the second time this has happened to me). Turns out again, like last time, that a plane has stopped on the runway, and hence we couldn't land. So, we fly a lap of Frankfurt and eventually land to the applause of some tools down the back of the plane (for the guy in Melbourne, note that they were "tools" and not "Tools").

After we disembark from the plane, we pile into the obligatory busses to head to the terminal - all of us except for 4 guys, who seem to be talking to guys wearing "Polizei" (Police) reflective vests...these just happen to be our 4 bound for Sao Paulo. Why they were talking to the cops I don't know, but I assume it had something to do with the telegram...

Anyone else getting the feeling I should stop flying?

Tschüß,
'Brushy

No comments: