Wednesday, August 15, 2007

My nutty neighbour

On my flight from Frankfurt to Stockholm today, I managed to find myself next to a Indian guy who proceeded to annoy the crap out of me for the whole 2hr flight.

To start with it was ok, as he was looking at his boarding card with FRA->ARN on it and stressing that he was on the wrong plane. I explained to him that ARN was the airport code for Arlanda, which is the main airport in Stockholm.
From there he proceeded to tell me that he was going to Stockholm for some water conference and some place that I really didn't care about. So, after giving him a few nice "oh really" and "that's interesting" comments, I turned back to my book...

...but he didn't get it. After a few minutes I was tapped on the arm to answer his question about how he gets the train from the Airport to Stockholm, for which he already had a pre-purchased ticket. Given that I have never taken the train from the Airport before, I tried to tell him that I didn't know, as I usually take a taxi. More questions about the train, and I said "there will be signs at the airport that will direct you to the train".
"Can you show me?"
"There will be signs"
"Would you be able to help me?" ...oh man.
"Sure" Back to my book...

...tap tap. "Water?" and points at my water bottle.
"Yeah, that is my water".
"Water?" now making drinking motions.
"Yes, that is my water".
"Can I have it?"
"Um, it is my water. They will come past soon and give you some water."
No response, so back to my book...

...tap tap. "What is the capital of Germany?"
"Berlin"
"We fly by Berlin?"
"We fly past Berlin."
"Norway?"
"No, that is to the West."
"How long is the flight?"
"2hrs"
"How long does it take to get from Germany to Stockholm?"
"It depends on where you fly from - from Frankfurt it is 2hrs."
"But how long to Germany?"
I get the map out and show him finally - "Here is Berlin, Frankfurt, and Stockholm"... blah blah blah, back to my book, with noise cancelling headphones now on as well.

...tap tap. "Can you take photo of me?"

And so it went for the whole flight, until he fell asleep with about 30min to go. In Stockholm I showed him where the signs to the train were, and then got away as fast as I could...

Airline travel really is fun...you should try it some time!

Tschüß,
'Brushy.

3 comments:

Mashy said...

"How long does it take to get from Germany to Stockholm?"

Mashy said...

Just trying to be annoying :)

'Brush and Bel said...

Depends where in Germany you are flying to.

Now f'off, and let me read my book!!!!!