Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Stau

Today I drove to work rather than catching the train (Brett is away so I have the car, and when we went skiing on the weekend I hurt myself a little bit so had an osteo appointment) and not unusally I got stuck in a big traffic jam (Stau). It was one of those sudden ones where everyone jumps on their brakes
I don't like traffic jams, but there two things about traffic jams that the Germans do really well
1. When you jump on your brakes in a sudden traffic jam you put on your hazzard lights so all the traffic screaming up behind you sees
2. All the the cars in the fast lane then drive as far right as they can and cars in teh second fastest lane pull over a to the left bit in their lane - this way when emergency vehicles need to get trhough there is already a path for them - brilliant!!

Unfortunately it was an accident this morning (which the 3 firetrucks, police and ambulance going past gave away) A smart car had come to a very nasty stop. Hopefully whoever was in it is fine...

XOX B

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now you just be careful out there - good to read that you know the systems that work in the traffic - still sounds scary yo me but!

take good care, love Allan & Diane

Anonymous said...

I dont know what to worry abut more.... the 'small' accident skiing or the bloody traffic!?!?!
Take it easy.....