Sunday, March 19, 2006

Carinval

Every year in Germany there is a big Carnival on - kind of like in Rio but its freezing and there is Lederhosen.

We unfortunately didn't manage to get to any of the big parades but we did go to a nearby kids’ parade that our German teacher’s kids were in.

It was heaps of fun and luckily the weather was only freezing. The day of the adults’ parade it rained all day and night. During the parade the kids were throwing lollies into the crowd so we got to try a few German lollies - we felt ill by the end :-)

The plan for the day was that we would meet our teachers house and go with them, we didn't realise that part of their plan was also that we would dress up... Brett initially declined the offer, but I was nagged into it so I was given the first costume, then we all finally convinced Brett to also dress up (I couldn't be dressed up alone) so he got the second costume...



So I am a devil (Teufel), and Brett is a Scarecrow (Vogelscheuche). We had our faces painted largely by a 7 year old and the costume used to belong the the 7 and 4 year old...

I got these three photos up - there are more to come of the parade but blogger is misbehaving again



B

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good hair day Brett !!!

Anonymous said...

I cant believe how bloody funny you like. The last costume party I saw you at was your wedding but I am now thinking that was more 'theme' and THIS is more costume.