Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Getting warmer...

The title fits for two reasons:

1. I think that Spring is kinda trying to break through.
Last week it was still around 3C every day, but Monday this week brought an 11C day. Sure, today it snowed a little, and reached a top of about 5C, but I think it won't be long. I even saw a pair of crows humping outside my window at work today...frisky crows must be a sign of Spring, right?

2. We expect to have a warmer Christmas this year.
That's right, today we booked our flights home for Xmas. We will be leaving Germany on 15th December, and flying back on 13th January. So, break out the BBQs, the backyard cricket sets, and the tickets to a Boxing Day Test (if there is one), because BRUSHY'S COMIN' HOME! (Oh yeah, and Bel is coming too...)

But, of course, nothing could happen without an incident, so here are the incidents surrounding the Xmas home-coming:

1. Bel was able to arrange with her company to take 3 weeks of leave, and then work out of the Australian office for 1 week(hopefully). I tried this on with my boss, and he said that I work in Germany, and not in Australia, so I have to take it all as leave. Um...ok then...I will!

2. An unnamed airline, that my unnamed company might like to fly, has this weird thing with their frequent flier miles. I can transfer upto 60,000 miles from my account to other people each year, but I am limited to transfering a maximum of 15,000 to any one person. This means that I can't transfer enough miles over to Bel to make her flight free (though we have enough between us), so I am flying for free, and we are paying for Bel. You guys will accept that as your only form of Xmas present, right?

Finally, when we are home for Xmas - we have an assignment for the Evil lady from number 11. Your mission, if you chose to accept it - and you will - is to keep our German up to scratch. This means fun fun fun! Deal?

Tschüß,
'Brush

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah well... I guess I'll just have to go with the flow in that case. Sounds great!!! But prior to that you will have to attend a real german wedding in a quaint little bavarian village - NIGHTMARE!!!! WEll I'll be very glad to see a lot of you and help keep up your good work.... how about a german Christmas Eve, jut to keep you in the spirit of things.... I might even make you eat goose.... nah just kidding. Anyway we will see you very very VERY soon.
Brett let us know when you're travelling around in Germany as we have little weekend stops in Muenchen etc.
So maybe we can meet up for a dinner or something prior to Uttenreuth.
Ok better run- who said planning a wedding is fun.... only 4 weeks.... mummble mummble...
the evil, stressed, sleep-deprived, anxious, German woman from Number 11

Anonymous said...

Yehhhh!!! Great news - will work on Boxing day Test tickets - Ashes Test and BIIIIG crowds expected.

Oh by the way I also think that Damien meant "different" hangover not a differnt one.

Anonymous said...

Well, I am so soo pleased that you will be home for Christmas. Pity you dind't think of transferring some flyer points towards your Mother's trip !!!!!!
Will I need an International licence when I get to Germany ??
Can I drive your car ????????

'Brush and Bel said...

Mum,

You don't have a United account...and you can't use partial points towards a trip - it is all or nothing.

No, you don't need an international license. You can drive on your Australian license for up to 6 months.

No, you can't drive my car. :P Of course you can, but it is a requirement that you drive at least faster than 160kmph. :)

Bj.

Anonymous said...

Has NO_ONE noticed his reference to the 'un-named company' and the un-named airline'?????
SPY ALERT!!!!!!!

Seriously I cant bloody wait for you to come home.