Monday, September 04, 2006

One man went to mow, went to mow the meadow...

On the weekend, about 8 weeks after it was mowed the last time (rough guess-timate), I decided to mow the lawn. 'Twas also the first time that I have mowed the lawn with an electric mower, that actaully has a cord on it. I have used a battery powered one before, but they are a pain, because you keep having to run to Safeway to buy more batteries! :)

Anyway, the grass was so thick, that every lap I did up and down the back lawn, I had to stop and empty the catcher. I also got some funny looks from the two floors above us, because, up until last year, they had a Mittagsrühe (Midday silence) in our state, and that meant that you couldn't mow your lawns between 13:00 und 15:00...but luckily that doesn't exist anymore. Although, we still aren't allowed to mow them on Sundays...

As it was, the grass wasn't the only thing that was nearly cut short. A couple of times I ran over the cable, and actually cut through to the earth wire at one point. Luckily, thanks to the events of a few weeks ago, I had some electrical tape, so I was able to repair it and keep going. :)

Bel and I also took the opportunity to go to the Laternenfest (Lantern Festival) in Bad Homburg. This festival is held once per year, and they close all the shutters in the local castle, and you can tour through it by candle light. Any excuse for a piss-up, really.

Tschüß,
'Brush

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you TRYING to electrocute yourself?

'Brush and Bel said...

Trying...but haven't succeeded so far. I'll get back to you...or maybe not, if I do succeed.