Saturday, January 07, 2006

Unser Ofen ist geschmolzen!

Don't worry if you don't understand the title. Even if you could, you wouldn't believe it! In English it is Our oven has melted! Let me explain.

So, inside our oven is the grill. We were making some tortilla things for dinner, and we had to grill them with some cheese on them in the oven first. We did the first lot, and then wanted to eat them before they went cold. So we left the oven door open, with the grill on, and went to eat the first lot.
After a few mins we came back to make the second lot. I was putting them in the oven and thought that a black hair was hanging down from the knobs, obscuring my view. I followed the "black hair" upwards and saw this:

That's right - you can see a big hole in the knob on the left, and little drippy things on the knob on the right. Before dinner, neither of these not-so-natural features were there. How does one explain this to one's landlords? Especially when one's landlords don't speak English? How come this never happened when we did the same thing in Australia and America?

PS: Sorry for the quality of the picture... Taking a good picture was the least of my concerns at the time.

Tschüß,
'Brush

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fucking weird German applicances.
I see your melted stove and I raise you one removed blue kitchen in Ocean Grove. Matt got carried away BEFORE checking how long new cabinetry would be. 5 GODDAMNED WEEKS I HAVE TO COOK FROM A FRIGGIN PICNIC TABLE.