Monday, October 10, 2005

The Good and the Bad (Homburg)

WHAT HAVE WE DONE?!?!?!?! That was the question that Bel and I were asking ourselves as we flew out of Australia on Saturday. Who in their right mind would go to a country where they don't speak the language? Are we mental?!?!?!

Anyway, plane flights were actually not too bad. Bel and I slept most of the 12hr flight from Singapore to Frankfurt. The meals on Singapore are better than the slop they serve on United, IMHO, and the movies on demand are sensational.

Won't bore you all with too much detail, but our hire car is a Mercedes A-series. Jealous?

We managed to find an apartment for us to stay in for the first 6 months. It is a huge apartment in Darmstadt that is fully furnished in pimpin' 70s style. Once we have moved in I will upload pictures. The place is €750 per month, which includes all rent, furniture, utilities, etc. The old lady that owns the place even comes to change your bed sheets every few weeks, washes them, and irons them for you! WTF?!?!?!

We have had a few little language issues, but managed to get through them so far. Yesterday I started to ask the girl in the hotel reception if breakfast was included with my room. I got "Ist frühstück mit mein Zimmer" out and then freaked out because I couldn't remember the word for "included". Apparently "inklusive" would have done the trick, but I went with "inbegriffen", which also seemed to work. Hopefully Tansy will tell me if I was wrong.

That's enough for now. Hope you all are well!

Tschüs!
'Brush

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A class? Jealous?

You have been ripped off, the A Class is about as good as a Fiat Punto. The golf is much better, take it back and demand a golf or better (even an Opel would be better).

Anonymous said...

Accommodation so soon !! well done. Enjoy the comforts of your new accommodation, Have set hwels in motion for my trip.