Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Is it still as funny?


This is for the Dilbert fans out there...I wonder if it is still as funny in German...

Here is a very rough translation thanks to Google (and a little work from me...but very little):
  • Our goal is nothing less than the complete assumption of the software department of Pointy-Haired Carl.
  • We begin secretly to settle their work additionally to ours. Then I require that he is to report to me.
  • Purely hypothetically, if the plan succeeds, we would have to do twice the work for the same money?

Hmmm...I'll let you be the judge.

Tschüs,
'Brush

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

No, of course it's not as funny. Do you want to know why?

It's because "Jolly German" is a fucking oxymoron.

The father race will slaughter us all :p

'Brush and Bel said...

Boy...wait until Tansy reads that! She is gunna kick your arse! :)

Tansy: Just email me if you want his address...then you can sick Missy onto him.

'Brush.

Kate said...

Wow - so unfunny it's almost funny, but not...

Anonymous said...

Tansy gave me a copy of 'Tim und Struppi - Die Krabbe mit den Goldenen Scheren' for my birthday. By now you've figured it's 'Tin Tin - The Crab with the Golden Claws' translated into German. The storyline and pictures are the same but most of the characters change names... Tin Tin is Tim, Thompson and Thomson are Schultze und Schulze and Snowy is Struppi (which means scruffy). I particularly enjoy the sound effects e.g. pang (gun-shot), bum (explosion) etc. But if you think Dilbert was 'lost in translation' wait till you see some of the US and Aussie TV shows dubbed into German. Steve Urkel speaking German?!! Enjoy! p.s. Tansy and Missy are hunting down German-bashing Josh as we speak... mercy is not an option.

Anonymous said...

Hello to every german hating mongrel out there (This of course excludes the lovely Bel and Brush and.... my Benni!). Missy and myself are currently hunting down Josh to teach him a thing or two about germans...
And I'll tell you what! We haven't been feeding Missy for the last three two days so she has turned into a very savage cat.... so be afraid - be very afraid.
And I'll tell you what... I don't think you're humor is at all funny josh so there.
As always I remain your very devoted and lovely
Evil German woman from number 11

Anonymous said...

WOO! I made controversy! Oh, not wait, that was pooh.