Friday, October 07, 2005

When a rabbit makes you cry...

So, this is it. We are leaving tomorrow for Germany.

Last few days have been kinda hectic and rough. Lots of stuff to do, logistics-wise, and lots of people to say goodbye to. It has really sucked.
One positive to come out of it is discovering how many people care about you. It really is quite a nice feeling to see people make an effort to come to farewell lunches, parties, dinners, etc. At the same time, it makes you start to realise just how many of these people you are really going to miss. :(

I realised while driving my car tonight that some of the people I have said goodbye to I have known for more than 1/3rd of my life. Guys like Mashy and El Guapo that I went to uni with I have known for nearly 10 years. As for Whitty, I just can't shake the guy, and I have known him for about half of my life. And then there's our families...

Anyway, today we finally found someone to take NoS, our bunny. He will be going to live with my aunty in the country. Saying goodbye to him made me cry a little... Not as many tears as the scene in Cool Runnings where they pick up the bobsled and carry it across the finish line, but nearly. :)

So, to all of you, Bel and I are really going to miss you all. We want to thank you all for all of your support in getting this move organised, and for all the love you have shown us.

Auf Wiedersehen, Auf Wiederhören, and/or Tschüs...take your pick. :)

Love,
'Brush.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

When a blog post makes you cry...

You'll be back before you know it!

Enjoy the fantastic life experience and keep in touch.

Matt said...

*sob* Gunna miss you buddy!

But it'll be an awesome experience for you and Bel and it's not like we can't keep in touch...this newfangled Inkernet thingo is schweet!

Anonymous said...

Tschüs?

You're going to add little gay touches to our furniture?

Anonymous said...

Tschüs is a friendly or informal goodbye.
Auf Weidersehen is 'until I see you again'
Auf Weiderhören is 'until I hear you again'- used on the phone when you aren't likely to actually see the person

Anonymous said...

B&B it was a pleasure to be able to give of my time.

Anonymous said...

It was really sad to see you go on Saturday, but wonderful to be able to share a few precious moments together and take photos.Mum